Following developer’s reconciliation with Google, Terraria with Stadia will go into development.

Spread the love

 467 views


It had been cancelled, according to the co-creator.

Terraria co-creator Andrew Spinks revealed earlier this month that his studio Re-Logic would cancel the Google Stadia port. The Stadia port, however, is now back in progress, according to the developer.

”As you may have noticed, we had a ton of issues to kick off the year stemming from the locking-down of Redigit’s entire Google account in early January,” Re-Logic said in a recent Terraria forum post. “After a month of pushing (and with the immense support of our fans), Google finally reached out and was able to provide a lot of transparency around the situation and to restore access to all of our accounts.”

A Google spokesperson stated to The Verge after publication that a Stadia port for Terraria was currently in progress.

Spinks shared his displeasure with being locked out of his Google accounts for weeks in a series of tweets on February 8th, including losing access to his Gmail and Google Play accounts. Spinks first noticed that on or about January 16th, he lost access to his accounts.

Re-Logic hasn’t said when Terraria will be available on Google Stadia, but the fact that the game is back in production is good news for Stadia fans. Two reports from Bloomberg and Wired shed light on some of the deficiencies by Google in building Stadia on Friday. And Google revealed earlier this month that it was shutting its in-house development studio.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *